Back to Classes; a Demo
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43932] Back to Classes; a Demo
- From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:04:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
If all works correctly, you should see a rather simple animation displayed using the LiveGraphics Java applet. This was created as a /proof of concept/ demo to show why a robust and complete class package would be useful in Mathematica. Using the basic design demonstrated here, it will be possible to create objects of arbitrary complexity with components capable of moving, or changing shape relative to local reference frames which are themselves capable of similar manipulations relative to containing reference frames. http://baldur.globalsymmetry.com/projects/live-graphics/loop-the-loop.html -- Gelonus, Kucha, Kizil, Sampul, Dunhuang, Kanishka, Cherchan, Margiana, Sintashta, Himmelsscheibe von Nebra, Ryazan Russia, Afanasevo, Peñon Woman, Guancha, Maes Howe, Purushkhanda.