  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg43934] pdf-export
  • From: "Thomas Manz" <thomasmanz at>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:07:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I want to export a plot in pdf format, but I have problems with fonts.

$FormatType = OutputForm
$TextStyle = {FontFamily -> "Times"}
pic = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi}, Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {"x", "Sin(x)",
  "", ""}]

Display["c:\\test.pdf", pic, "PDF"]

The plot shows the correct font but when exporting in pdf (the last command) I get the following error:

Display::pserr: PostScript language error:
Warning: substituting font Courier for Times

How can I export pdfs with other fonts than Courier??

Thomas Manz