Re: what's the largest system solvable in mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg43980] Re: [mg43957] what's the largest system solvable in mathematica?
  • From: sean kim <sean_incali at>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 04:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I hate it when I post something and I don't sound

well, I guess, if one has a cluster, then the system
that can be solved will be bigger.  ( d'oh)

let me rephrase.

how about on a single machine runing a single kernel(
or two kernels)?

what will be the biggest system of ODE's that has been
solved or simulated successfully using Mathematica?

thanks in advance for any thoughts and insights.

--- sean kim <sean_incali at> wrote:
> hello group.
> I was wondering... does anyone know what the largest
> system of ODE
> solved using the Mathematica?  How many ode's were
> in the system?
> did they use parallel kit or grid mathematica to
> solve it?
> maybe a silly question, but I was just wonering.
> any thoughts or insight will be appreciated.
> thanks in advance
> sean

Do you Yahoo!?