Nonlinear PDE fitting to Data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44011] Nonlinear PDE fitting to Data
  • From: Sorasak_Danworaphong <Sorasak at brown.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 05:14:39 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

   I have a data set that I want to fit it to a nonlinear PDE which is
solved numerically.
   I tried to fit it by interpolating my numerical solution for each
fitting parameter, which I have roughly 3 of them.  It means that I
have to run my numerical program for each parameter, interpolate, and
then fit the interpolating function to the data set.
Mathematica keep running out of memory on me.
   Anyone has any examples or suggestions on this problem?

Thank you very much,
Sorasak