Det in TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44095] Det in TraditionalForm
  • From: Akiko Tsukamoto <akiko at platon.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Try the following. Start with an input cell in StandardForm and write

Det[A]

Now convert this to TraditionalForm. Next convert back to StandardForm
then back to TraditionalForm and continue this process. At least if you
are using Mathematica 5.0 on MacOS X you should see something pretty
weird. Looks likea bug to me (unless of course it happens only on my
system).

Andrzej Kozlowski
Yokohama, Japan
http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~akoz/