Det in TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44095] Det in TraditionalForm
  • From: Akiko Tsukamoto <akiko at>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Try the following. Start with an input cell in StandardForm and write

Now convert this to TraditionalForm. Next convert back to StandardForm
then back to TraditionalForm and continue this process. At least if you
are using Mathematica 5.0 on MacOS X you should see something pretty
weird. Looks likea bug to me (unless of course it happens only on my

Andrzej Kozlowski
Yokohama, Japan