Abort in 5.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44085] Abort in 5.0
- From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at materials-sciences.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:24:37 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Has anyone noticed that the interrupt priority of Abort seems to have changed in 5.0. CTRL-period used to have a pretty good chance of stopping an operation, unless it had already been passed to the front-end. Now it seems that Abort cannot stop in a loop. For example, I keep pressing CTRL-period repeatedly during an error in a function loop. The Aborted message shows up on the screen, (and I assume something terminated in the loop), but the loop keeps going to completion. This happens with both explicit loops and Map. Is there anyway to get Abort to be more aggressive. I'm killing the kernal much more often in 5.0 than in 4.x. Admittedly, this is connected with my trial-and-error style of programming, but its still frustrating. Gerry F.