Re pdf-export

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44131] Re pdf-export
  • From: Rolf Mertig <rolf at>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

>Nobody of you does use pdf-export ????

Sure, but not on Windows.

On Linux, if you have ghostscript with ps2pdf installed you can very easily
print a full notebook to a ps file (either interactively or with UseFrontEnd)
including all needed fonts. Then you use Run[ps2pdf ... ] to generated to
generated the PDF file.

I have successfully used this method to produce thousands of bills (for a
commercial billing project) in PDF format.

As an exercise I also generated PDF with webMathematica in this way.

It can be somewhat time consuming to adjust all the Notebook options
such that the result looks good, but it is possible.

You can also try to use pstill (
I have not tried it, but it should work.

Rolf Mertig

Mertig Consulting