Re: Baffling Failure when plotting multiple curves.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg44173] Re: Baffling Failure when plotting multiple curves.
  • From: bobhanlon at (Bob Hanlon)
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 06:26:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

See on-line help for Plot regarding use of Evaluate with Plot's arguments

{a*Cos[Degree*t] + b*Sin[Degree*t], c*Cos[Degree*t] +
   d*Sin[Degree*t], e*Cos[Degree*t] + f*Sin[Degree*t]}

p1 = {158, 116};
p2 = {74 , 135};

    PlotRange->{{-90,180},{0,255 Sqrt[2]}},

Bob Hanlon

In article <bnao48$4ei$1 at>, Bob Harris <nitlion at>

<< Am having trouble getting collections of 2D function plots to work.  I have
created a function that returns a list of "equations" in one variable,
theta.  I.e. an equation is an expression like 17 Cos[theta] + 10
Sin[theta].  When I try to plot this list of functions AS THE RETURN VALUE
OF MY FUNCTION, Mathematica complains (details below).  However, if I
evaluate the function first, then cut and paste the result into the call to
Plot, it works ok (but this is not very useful to me, since I want to
incorporate this into a larger function).  Further, if my function returns a
list with only one equation in it, then handing the function call to Plot
works.  I'm clueless as to what he difference is. >><BR><BR>