Re: Baffling Failure when plotting multiple curves.

Bob Harris wrote:
> When I try to plot this list of functions AS THE RETURN VALUE
> OF MY FUNCTION, Mathematica complains (details below).  However, if I
> evaluate the function first, then cut and paste the result into the call to
> Plot, it works ok

You have to use Evaluate[]:

Plot[Evaluate[voteCurves[{p1,p2}]],{\[Theta], -90, 180},
      AxesOrigin -> {0,0},
      PlotRange -> {{-90, 180}, {0, 255 Sqrt[2]}},
      AspectRatio -> 1,
      Frame -> True];

Evaluate tells the Plot command to make the
table of functions first (see Mathematica Book 1.9.1).

Marcus

--
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists?
In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. -- W. Allen