Nonlinear Fitting in Mathematica 4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43441] Nonlinear Fitting in Mathematica 4
  • From: Biplab Dey <biplab at iitk.ac.in>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:58:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Carl,
I came across your reply to one of the queries in the relevant context and
am thus mailing you.
I have been trying to implement NonlinearFit using Mathematica 4, but
apparantly Mathematica is not executing it.
I've tried both Need["Statistics`NonlinearFit`"] as well as <<
"Statistics`NonlinearFit`" to load the package, but none of them works.
The problem is that of a three parameter non-linear fitting and there must
be some standard procedure of doing that in the Mathematica 4 version.
Could you kindly advice.
Thanks,
Biplab

Dept. of Physics.