Comparing regression slopes?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43470] Comparing regression slopes?
  • From: Jonathan Greenberg <greenberg at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:00:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I was hoping someone could help me out getting this done in Mathematica:

I have two continuous variables, X and Y that I regress with no intercept,
so the equation ends up being:

Y = MX

My question is, does M significantly differ from some arbitrary value Z (Z
<> 0 in this case)?  How do I do this in Mathematica?  Is there someplace I
can just type in my expected Z and have Mathematica spit out a p-value?
Thanks!

--j

--
Jonathan Greenberg