Evaluate one notebook from within another

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43515] Evaluate one notebook from within another
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:40:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

	Simple questions, which may mean I should be asking other
questions entirely:

	1. I can open a notebook "X.nb" from within another notebook
"A.nb" by putting into A,nb the expression
NotebookOpen["C:\............\X.nb"]. How do I make the default path
the one to where all my notebooks are, so I can leave out the explicit
path statement? (Just use a variable for the path and use StringJoin?)

	2. How do I make X.nb evaluate with an expression in A.nb?
When I want to open and evaluate all the files in my job, I don't want
to have to evaluate them all manually.

	3. Or am I going about this all wrong? I want to split all the
code in my job into sensible functional files and execute them easily.

	The documentation is not helpful, and/or I don't know where to
look. All answers appreciated.