Mathematica 5.0 for students.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43520] Mathematica 5.0 for students.
  • From: sean kim <shawn_s_kim at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

k. now a different kinda question.

does anyone have any expriences with student version of the  Mathematica 5?

I actually bought the program today but I haven't installed it yet, in
the fear of it causing problems...  ( i had to reformat my computer due
to some problems.)

i was wondering...

1. Can I have both Mathematica 4.0 and Mathematica 5 on a same machine? if so do i just
install them in diferent directory?

2. will the packages written for older Mathematica versions still work with the
new  Mathematica 5?

thanks all.

sean

=====
when riding a dead horse,  some dismount.

while others...

write memoirs on the subject of riding a dead horse.