play sine graphs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43527] play sine graphs
  • From: "Douglas Croot" <drdl2003 at optusnet.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:41:50 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    I am actually just interested in getting a question answered regarding
the use of Mathematica, version 3.  I am in my last semester of a Diploma of
Education, and I am attemtping to do an assignment for my computing class.
    For this, we have to do 4 lessons, which use at least one, a maths package,
the Internet, and Word or Excel.  I have decided to use Mathematica for my
applicaation package, but cannot accesss it because when my uni bought it,
they didn't register, and so did not receive a password.
    I am interested in its' ability to 'play' sine graphs.  For my lessons,
I want my students to be able to graph the highest and lowest note fo an
instrument of their choice, using Mathematica.  However, I am finding it
difficult to write a lesson plan when I am not exactly sure of the abilities
and process of 'Playing Graphs'.  Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thank you very much for your time.  Sincerely, Roxanne