Re: Trouble importing Mathematica EPS files into Deneba Canvas

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43544] Re: Trouble importing Mathematica EPS files into Deneba Canvas
  • From: kc144 at woh.rr.com (Kevin Gross)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:42:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This reply is a little OT, but I'm hoping someone familiar with
Mathematica-generated postscript may be able to shed some light on the
issue.

I partially cleared up the problem.  I still had Mathematica 4.2
installed and Canvas was somehow picking up the 4.2 fonts instead of
the 5.0 fonts on import.  However, there are a few remaining issues.
EPS and PDF refer to <http://kc144.dyndns.org/~kevin/temp.eps> and
<http://kc144.dyndns.org/~kevin/temp.pdf>, respectively.

* When I import the EPS file, the parentheses show up correctly.  The
only problem is that the frame tick labels incorrectly appear as bold.

* When I import the PDF file, the only problem is that the parentheses
are converted to bitmap images.  The PDF was converted from the EPS
file using ghostscript.  Ghostscript knows where to find the Mathematica  fonts
in Fontmap.GS

FWIW, I tell Canvas to "Convert to Path" instead of "Substitute" with
regard to the embedded fonts found in the EPS & PDF files.

Am I correct to assume the problem is with the Canvas PS/PDF
interpreter and not the Mathematica-generated postscript?

Thanks,

Kevin

PS Which format should I convert the EPS file to when using pstoedit?