Re: Expansion of an exponential expression
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47247] Re: Expansion of an exponential expression
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:03:27 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200403300902.EAA06956@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 30 Mar 2004, at 18:02, Carlos Felippa wrote: > As a result of some calculations I have > (a snipet of a more complex expression) > > anlog= Log[ ((2 + Sqrt[1 + 2*h])^(-1))^(t/h) ] > > I would like to simplify this to > > anlog= (t/h) Log[((2 + Sqrt[1 + 2*h])^(-1)) ] > > so I can then take the Taylor series in h. > But FullSimplify[anlog,h>0] doesnt do it. > Do i need a ComplexityFunction? There is always PowerExpand.