Expanding $Path

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47262] Expanding $Path
  • From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:04:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

$Version "5.0 for Microsoft Windows [2000] (November 18, 2003)"
MathGroup:

There are three default files in
...\5.0\AddOns\ExtraPackages\Utilities which I would like to add to my
default search $Path ...

  CleanSlate.m
  Notation.m
  URLTools.m

The easiest place to put this new $Path entry would be at the end of
the current $Path, using ...

  $Path = AppendTo[$Path, $NewDir]

However, I'm uncertain about how to permanently save the expanded
$Path, so Mathematica uses it again.  How should this be done?

Thanks.
Harold