Re: why the overflow problems when using assigned values a,b,c vs. actual numbers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47261] Re: why the overflow problems when using assigned values a,b,c vs. actual numbers?
- From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 00:04:08 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Angel: What version of Mathematica are you using? What is your platform? $Version "5.0 for Microsoft Windows  (November 18, 2003)" yields ... In:= a^b^c//FullForm Out//FullForm= Power[a,Power[b,c]] Also, the error message General::ovfl reads in part ... ◼ Generated when the scale of a result exceeds the scale of numbers that can be represented in the version of Mathematica that is in use. So, your error message may be version dependent. Regards, Harold