Finding all cycles in a graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47290] Finding all cycles in a graph
  • From: "Anupama Shivaprasad" <anupama at docomolabs-usa.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 03:31:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am trying to find the cycles in a graph, more speifically a complete
graph. The function FindCycle, available in the Discrete Math package
finds one cycle that is present in the graph and the function
ExtractCycles, extracts a cycle, deletes that cycle and trys to find
more cycles in the deleted cycle graph.

I was wondering if there was some routine that somone here happened to
have that could compute and display all the cycles in an undirected
complete graph. For Example, if I had a complete graph of 4 vertices,
then the cycles for the same would be:

{1,2,4,1}
{1,3,4,1}
{1,2,3,1}