Re: Abs function & question about version 5
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47275] Re: Abs function & question about version 5
- From: "Peter Pein" <no at spam.no>
- Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 03:30:18 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"nikmatz" <nikmatz at math.ntua.gr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c4gf1i$276$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> i try to find the derivative of Abs[x]
> and i have this
> In: D[Abs[x],x]
> Out: Abs`[x]
> i don't know the mean of `
> please help
f'[x] is an abbreviation of Derivative[f][x]
b.t.w.: what happened to Mathematica's creativity regarding
FullSimplify[Abs'[x], x \[Element] Reals]
Out= "4.0 for Microsoft Windows (July 16, 1999)"
in version 5?
Peter Pein, Berlin
StringReplace["petsie at arcand.de",
Prev by Date:
Finding all cycles in a graph
Next by Date:
Re: why the overflow problems when using assigned values a,b,c vs. actual numbers?
Previous by thread:
Re: Finding all cycles in a graph
Next by thread:
Re: change PlotStyle in Graphics object after the fact?