Re: How to auto insert Date in footer of each page

Use the Option Inspector and enter at Notebook Options / Printing Options /
Page Footers
the following StringReplace call:

In[1]:= StringReplace[
  ToString[Part[Date[], {3, 2, 1}]], {"{" -> "", "}" -> "", ", " -> "/"}]
Out[1]= "1/ 4/ 2004"

but Mathematica complains about unknown "box names" (). Playing around with
StyleBox[] and Evaluate[] led to no success. Maybe some of the
"Layout-Savants" in this group are able to help.

Sorry,
Peter

--
Peter Pein, Berlin