Re: NDSolve for Newtonian Orbits Question
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47306] Re: NDSolve for Newtonian Orbits Question
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kjm at KevinMcCann.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 05:22:44 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
David, I did your integration to t=5.25, and I got r[5.25]=2.72076+1.25993*10^-10 i. I am not sure where the small imaginary term came from, but I believe that it is the problem. Also, I note that this occurs when r'[5.25]=0. Hope this helps. Kevin "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net> wrote in message news:c4jasf$dpk$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Dear MathGroup, > > I am trying to obtain a numerical solution for Newtonian orbits. (I can solve the ....