Problem with animate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47312] Problem with animate
  • From: "Phil Light" <usenet at kaysgardens.OppositeOfMinus.com.invalid>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 05:22:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to use animate as shown in the documentation with v5, but
instead of producing a graph for each value of n as expected, I only get one
graph uses the value of n before the Animate command:

<< Graphics`Animation`

In[87]:=
Animate[Plot[Sin[n x],{x,0,2 Pi}],{n,1,6,1}]

<<<Single graph for value of n before this command, in this case 35>>>

Out[87]=
Animate[-Graphics-, {35, 1, 6, 1}]

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Phil