function that gives list of roots
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47391] function that gives list of roots
- From: e9926600 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at (philipp)
- Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:41:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i would like to define a function, that gives me back the nth root
(symbolic) of a given 4thorder equation; i want the result as a list
of only expressions and not with that "x->"
there is for sure no problem in solving the equation; i did it already
outside the function; outside the function i also could transform the
solutions into a normal list by using x/.%, but inside that wont work
i would be very thankful if somebody could help me
Prev by Date:
Re: consumed network licences?
Next by Date:
Why do two equivalent expression give different answers?
Previous by thread:
Re: Default folders for importing and exporting date
Next by thread:
Re: function that gives list of roots