function that gives list of roots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47391] function that gives list of roots
  • From: e9926600 at stud4.tuwien.ac.at (philipp)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:41:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello

i would like to define a function, that gives me back the nth root
(symbolic) of a given 4thorder equation; i want the result as a list
of only expressions and not with that "x->"
there is for sure no problem in solving the equation; i did it already
outside the function; outside the function i also could transform the
solutions into a normal list by using x/.%, but inside that wont work

i would be very thankful if somebody could help me

philipp