Re: Strongly connected digraph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47415] Re: Strongly connected digraph
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:01:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I don't know what you mean by "digraph" but here is an example of the
general sort of thing that I think you want to do:

<<DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`

g=RandomGraph[20,0.1,Type->Directed];
c=StronglyConnectedComponents[g]

{{1},{2},{3,5,7,8,9,10,11,13,14,15,17,18},{4},{6},{12},{16},{19},{20}}

I copied this example from the Computational Discrete Mathematics book that
explains how to REALLY use the DiscreteMath`Combinatorica` package.

Alternatively, if you input ?StronglyConnectedComponents to Mathematica you
get back the following rather limited information:

"StronglyConnectedComponents[g] gives the strongly connected components of
directed graph g as lists of vertices."

Steve Luttrell

news:c55o54$34v$1 at smc.vnet.net...