Re: Is there any productive way to use Mathematica + pdfLaTeX?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47417] Re: Is there any productive way to use Mathematica + pdfLaTeX?
  • From: "bbscott" <bbscott at u.STUDENTwashington.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 02:01:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote in message
news:c4j8nm$cv6$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hi,
>
> the only working version I use is to save a EPS and than use
> Acrobat Distiller or GhostScript. Because Mathematica does
> not include the fonts into the pdf-file and the size need a
> lot of fine tuning.
>
> BTW don *not* give an explicit extension for \includegraphics{}
> because LaTeX will look for the EPS file while pdflatex look for
> a PDF file when no extension is given.
>
> Regards
>   Jens

I've always exported as an EPS and then used Ghostviewer's "PS -> EPS"
function, followed by "epstopdf" to drop 'em into pdfLaTeX but have never
found how to get around the font issue so the resulting PDFs have very
unattractive text elements. Any suggestions, barring springing the cash for
Distiller?

--
Benjamin Scott
---