Re: NET/Link graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47473] Re: NET/Link graphics
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hansjm at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:26:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Matt:

Try this instead of using a MathPictureBox use a regular PictureBox and a
Mathlink .NET IKernelLink

EvaluateToImage is essentially an image so save it to as a new Bitmap and
render that image in a pictur box.

private Bitmap MyImage ;
  MyImage = new Bitmap(ml.EvaluateToImage("Plot[x,{x,0,1}]", 400, 400));
   pictureBox1.Image = (Image) MyImage ;

Hans.

"Brown, Matt" <mbrown at phys.ksu.edu> wrote in message
news:c5dif4$nu0$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> When I use the MathPictureBox from within Mathematica it works just fine.
But when I try to use it from a dotNET program, and set the MathCommand
string I always get a System.Format error, saying that the string is the
wrong format. MathPictureBox uses the EvaluateToGraphics method. When I try
to use this in my code I get the same error, even when I paste the API
example directly into my code.