RE: InLine Formatting

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47459] RE: [mg47449] InLine Formatting
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:26:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Use Menu/Cell/Default Inline Format Type/StandardForm.

David Park
djmp at

From: Bruce W. Colletti [mailto:bcolletti at]
To: mathgroup at

Re Mathematica 5.0.1 under WinXP Home.

A text cell has several sentences, one containing x + y = z.  I
highlite this equation and punch ctrl 9 (to make it an inline cell that
doesn't split when printed).

The formula looks fine except that it's italicized.  Although easy to
un-italicize (open cell via Show Expression and change RowBox parameter
from TraditionalForm to StandardForm), I must repeat this for each

I'd rather the Style Sheet define inline formatting without italics, but
cannot find where to declare this:  I've made other changes under Format
Type Styles (prototype for style "Inline Cell"), but can't figure out
how to resolve the italics issue here.

If this can be done in the Style Sheet, where would the setting be
established?  Thanks.