Re: Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47485] Re: [mg47462] Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:16:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There are some fine points regarding the nature of the points you want to
plot in 3D. First, have a close look at the definition of ListPlot3D (in the
on-line help browser, e.g.). Notice that the argument you must provide is an
array of height values, not a list of points in 3D. So, for example

In[1]:=
tbl = Table[Sin[x*y], {x, 0, Pi, Pi/8},
    {y, 0, Pi, Pi/8}];

In[2]:=
ListPlot3D[tbl];

works all right (first of all load Graphis`Graphics3D`). Some
experimentation is useful in order to familiarize yourself with this
function.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City