Regarding a 3D plot in mathematica

Hi,

I want to make a 3D plot out of a data file having 3 columns of numbers
using mathematica such that each row represents a point in 3D, and also
the resulting plot looks as one obtained from ploting a function with command
line:
Plot3D[function[x,y],{x,xmin,xmax},{y,ymin,ymax}].

 Can you please help me regarding this plot?

Thanks,

Ananya.