Re: When Is Precision[ ] $MachinePrecision, And When Is It Not?

Bobby:

Thanks for your examples.  I thought about them, and found a very
short one which still bothers me, because the answer is not what I
expected ...

In[1]:= N[2/3]

Out[1]= 0.666667

In[2]:= N[2/3]==2/3

Out[2]= True

lhs == rhs returns True if lhs and rhs are identical.

Regards,
Harold