Re: How to check if a file exists?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47593] Re: How to check if a file exists?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:22:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 4/15/04 at 3:39 AM, thomas.guignard at epfl.ch (Thomas Guignard) wrote: >I'm looking for a way to check if a given file exists. If it >exists, I load its contents, if not I have to start a block of >calculations. >I just can't find the function to check the existence of a file! FileType will do what you want. If you do FileType["filename"] and filename doesn't exist in the current working directory you will get the result None. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four