Re: How to check if a file exists?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47557] Re: How to check if a file exists?
- From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:20:22 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thomas Guignard wrote: > I just can't find the function to check the existence of a file! Hi, you could use FileType: - FileType["file"] gives the type of a file, typically File, Directory or None. - FileType returns None if the file specified does not exist. you can define the following functions for testing if name is a file/directory: FileQ[name_String]:=FileType[name]===File DirectoryQ[name_String]:=FileType[name]===Directory Regards, Marcus -- God knows. Or guesses. -- John Irving