Re: undocumented function: StringQ

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47655] Re: undocumented function: StringQ
  • From: sean_incali at yahoo.com (sean kim)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 03:19:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Dr bob.

your email won't evaluate properly. am i the only one who have this problem?

StringReplace["lAWyerbillAtsmallfoot.com" // ToLowerCase, Rule @@@ Reverse /@ \
ToLow erCase //@ {{"dR", "lAwyer"}, {"@", "AT"}, {"bIg",
       "small"}, {"bOb", "bill"}}]

gives me

StringReplace::srep: ToLow\erCase[{erCase[{erCase[dR], erCase[lAwyer]}], \
erCase[{erCase[@], erCase[AT]}], \[LeftSkeleton]1\[RightSkeleton], \
erCase[{erCase[bOb], erCase[bill]}]}] is not a valid string replacement rule.

StringReplace[lawyerbillatsmallfoot.com, ToLow erCase[{erCase[{erCase[dR], \
erCase[lAwyer]}], erCase[{erCase[@], erCase[AT]}], erCase[{erCase[bIg],
            erCase[small]}], erCase[{erCase[bOb], erCase[bill]}]}]]

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net