Re: undocumented function: StringQ

Bob Hanlon wrote:
> If you type a partial name after "?" (say "?Str") the "Complete
> Selection" key shortcut or menu item will offer all defined names
> such as StringQ for easy access to the usage statement.

Thanks, but this is not the point here.
What bothers me is that there is *only* a usage message,
but no entry in the help browser. I consider this 'undocumented'.

As Bobby already mentioned, there is no way of knowing
that the function exists, except through
(as in my case) a good guess or from a news group, etc.

But is undocumented = intentionally undocumented
     = unsupported = insecure in future releases?

Regards,
Marcus

--
The truth is rarely pure and never simple. -- Oscar Wilde