RE: Dashing option and Plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47690] RE: [mg47671] Dashing option and Plot
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:38:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi}, PlotStyle -> AbsoluteDashing[{4}]]

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi}, PlotStyle -> Dashing[{0.02}]]

In order to more fully control the look of a plot it is necessary to use the
various plot or Graphics options. Some of the options, such as PlotStyle for
curves control the rendering of the curve itself, and other options, such as
Axes, AxesLabel, Frame, FrameLabel, Ticks or FrameTicks, PlotLabel,
AspectRatio, ImageSize and Background control the overall look of the plot.

David Park
djmp at

From: Jose [mailto:ppga at]
To: mathgroup at

Can I use "Dashing" directly with "Plot"? How can I plot a dashed
plot? For example, if I want to plot y=Sin[x], {x,0,Pi} completely
dashed, how can I do it? Thanks in advance!