From: Jens [mailto:jens at tnntw10.tn.tudelft.nl]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg47697] [mg47676] Simplify using custom function

What I'm trying to achieve is to find a certain function in a more
complicated expression:

example:    complicated expression: -1+2 x +2 e^x
	    function: f[x_]=x+e^x

	    Mathematica should return: -1+2 f[x]

I've been looking at TransformationFunctions and FullSimplify, but did
not succeed in defining a transformation function so far. How do I do
that? (It's Mathematica 5.0)

Jens