Basic Numerical Analysis

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47718] Basic Numerical Analysis
  • From: "Albert rénee" <albert.renée at>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:30:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm just trying to compute some basic Numerical Analysis with FixedPoint (or
NestWhile+SameQ in the test function).

Here is my question .How can you control the approximation precison which is
done with SameQ ? I searched in the forums and in the help browser but found
nothing about this.
It seems that using $MaxExtraPrecision could be usefull ??

Benjamin Collas