Re: Basic Numerical Analysis
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47728] Re: Basic Numerical Analysis
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:15:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"$SameQTolerance gives the number of decimal digits by
which two numbers can disagree and \
still be considered the same according to SameQ."
"Albert rénee" wrote:
> I'm just trying to compute some basic Numerical Analysis with FixedPoint (or
> NestWhile+SameQ in the test function).
> Here is my question .How can you control the approximation precison which is
> done with SameQ ? I searched in the forums and in the help browser but found
> nothing about this.
> It seems that using $MaxExtraPrecision could be usefull ??
> Benjamin Collas
Prev by Date:
Problem With "Copy Input from Above"
Next by Date:
Re: Superscripts and subscripts in a text cell?
Previous by thread:
Basic Numerical Analysis
Next by thread:
Game theory text