selecting columns from a list

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47844] selecting columns from a list
  • From: Edo <eddoGrasho at>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:56:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I just started with mathematica, wanted to load a comma separated data
file and drop the first two columns. So I did
data=Import["C:\Data\filename.ext","CSV"]; to get the file into a
variable "data", then I am stuck, after doing some reading in the help
files about Drop, Partition, Take. ? etc
could someone tell me what to read and where to find info about indexing
different data structures