Re: Matrix Expansion question to Mathgroup

Larry:

Your question is not trivial, because what you have is a rank-3
tensor, and I was not able to get AppendRows and AppendColumns to work
for rank-3 tensors A and B in a simple programming example.  It is
obvious that each of your matrix elements are lists, and the only
lists you want affected by AppendRows and AppendColumns are the
outermost two -- i.e., in dimensions 1 and 2.

MathGroup ... Do we have packages available which extend AppendRows
and AppendColumns to tensors?

Regards,
Harold