Re: Problem With "Copy Input from Above"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47865] Re: [mg47739] Problem With "Copy Input from Above"
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:15:38 -0400 (EDT), Harold Noffke wrote:
> $Version "5.0 for Microsoft Windows [2000] (November 18, 2003)"
>
> MathGroup:
>
> "Copy Input from Above" is bound to Ctl+l, and "Copy Output from
> Above" to Shf+Ctl+l.  Recently, Ctl+l became "stuck" on "Copy Output
> from Above", and a cold reboot, with no utilities launched, has not
> solved this problem.  Using menu input of "Input > Copy Input from
> Above" produces the same "stuck at" copying of output from above --
> e.g., instead of In[3] I always get Out[3] whether I press Ctl+l or
> Shf+Ctl+l, or use the menu.
>
> Has anyone encountered a similar "stuck at" problem with FrontEnd
> hotkeys (shortcut keys) and menu commands?  If so, how did you solve
> it?
>
> Regards,
> Harold

Copy Input From Above works by looking for the last cell with
Evaluatable->True set.  My guess is that you've either modified your
default stylesheet so that the Output style has Evaluatable->True, or
you've modified your global preferences in the Option Inspector so that
Evaluatable->True is set at the global scope...doing either of these would
have exactly the effect you describe.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com