RealDigits rounds sometimes
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49892] RealDigits rounds sometimes
- From: "Mr. Neutron" <Neutron at aol.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:21:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In Mathematica 5.01: RealDigits[Pi,10,5] gives 3.1416 RealDigits[355/113,10,5] gives 3.1415 RealDigits[355./113,10,5] gives 3.1416 Earlier versions, Mathematica 4.1 and 4.2 never round as near as I can tell. Can anyone tell me under what conditions I can expect rounding to occur, and can I stop this behavior in 5.01?