Re: How to set linewidth in 3-D graphics?

>Yaroslaw Bazaliy wrote:

>>Dear All:
>>I plot a curve in 3-D with "ParametricPlot3-D". I would like to
>>be able to change the thickness of the curve. Is it possible?

Yes. You have to add the thickness directive as a fourth coordinate.
Let's say the curve you plotted is

    ParametricPlot3D[ { x[t], y[t], z[t] }, {t,a,b}]

To make the line thicker add

    ParametricPlot3D[ { x[t], y[t], z[t], Thickness[.012] }, {t,a,b}]

The nice thing with this approach is that the style directives can be a
function of the parameter. For example:

    ParametricPlot3D[ {
        t Sin[4t],
        t Cos[ 9t],
        2t Exp[-.5 t],
        {Thickness[Abs[.01t Sin[ 4t]]], Hue[1 - Cos[t]/2]} },
        {t, 0, 1.5}
    ]

cheers,
Peltio
Invalid address in reply-to. Crafty demunging required to mail me.