Re: How to set linewidth in 3-D graphics?

In article <cfff8q$ijn$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Peltio" <peltio at twilight.zone>
wrote:

> Yes. You have to add the thickness directive as a fourth coordinate.

> The nice thing with this approach is that the style directives can be a
> function of the parameter. For example:
>
>     ParametricPlot3D[ {
>         t Sin[4t], t Cos[ 9t],  2t Exp[-.5 t],
>         {Thickness[Abs[.01t Sin[ 4t]]], Hue[1 - Cos[t]/2]} }, {t, 0, 1.5} ]

Wow!  Once again, learn something new and really useful from this
newsgroup!

Just how general is this particular functionality? -- that is, how many
other of Mathematica's graphic capabilities -- plot, listplot, 2D, 3D -- does it
apply to?

(I'll dig into the documentation myself, but maybe others are already up
to speed on this without looking it up.)