Re: How to install Combinatorica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg50031] Re: How to install Combinatorica
  • From: howard.fink at (Howard Fink)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Go to and click the download link.  The file
NewCombinatorica.m is displayed as a web page.  Select  Save Page
As... in the File menu and in the save dialog box navigate to
C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.0\AddOns\StandardPackages\DiscreteMath and save
the file there.  Now the command <<DiscreteMath`NewCombinatorica`
works.  This is how it works in Mozilla.

In Internet Explorer, choose Save As... in the file menu and save it
in the same place as above.  A folder will appear there called
combinatorica_files.  NewCombinatorica.m is inside it.  Right-Click
combinatorica_files and select Explore.  Drag the NewCombinatorica
file to the DiscreteMath folder on the left and rightclick the
combinatorica_files and select delete.

(The path is for version 5.  For version 4 use the 4.0 folder)

Howard Fink