GUIKit FileDialog Widget

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50187] GUIKit FileDialog Widget
  • From: pdickof at scf.sk.ca (Peter Dickof)
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:28:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I bring up this widget it starts with a display of the file
structure starting in a specific directory (My Network Data) and
allows files of type "All files". I wish to use Mathematic/GUIKit to
1) change the initial directory to something of my choice.
2) provide a file filter string *.gif to restrict files displayed and
selected.

How can this be done, preferably without delving into Java (about
which I know even less than GUIKit)?

I am running Mathematica 5.0.1.0, GUIKit 1.0.0 on windows XP.

Peter Dickof