- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50188] Hypergeometric function
- From: jujio77 at yahoo.com (Scott)
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a finite alternating series of hypergeometric (2F1) functions.
These functions have complex parameters. When I sum the series I get
larger and larger values. My question is this, does anyone know how
precise Mathematica is when calculating a hypergeometric fn
numerically ie, how many sig figs are correct?
I have done various transformations on the hypergeometric fn and then
summed the series. Each time I arrive at the same result.
Thanks for any replies,
Prev by Date:
Label of Max[list]
Next by Date:
GUIKit FileDialog Widget
Previous by thread:
Re: Label of Max[list]
Next by thread:
Re: Hypergeometric function