Re: Licence manager network connections

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50175] Re: Licence manager network connections
  • From: Marcus Stollsteimer <marcus314 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:28:02 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jeremy Sanders wrote:

> If I leave Mathematica 5.0 running for periods of a couple of days
> on my Linux PC (Fedora Core 2), it core dumps.
>
> This may be caused by the increasing number of network connections
> it makes to the licence server (hosted on a different machine).
> Currently it has ~1200 network connections open after running for
> around ~16 hours. This seems to be increasing.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

We had a similar(?) problem running ma 5.0 under Red Hat 7.1:
the front end usually crashed after about 1-2 days
(reporting a SIGSEGV error), even when no kernel had
been started.
I do not know if there was something wrong with the number
of network connections, though.

Technical support sent us a fixed binary,
and in version 5.0.1 the problem did not occur.

Good luck,
Marcus

--
Sometimes the delete key is your greatest friend. -- Steve Martin