Simply derivative question, Math 5.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50240] Simply derivative question, Math 5.
- From: "Ted Kahn" <tedkahn at mindspring.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:19:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello- I am trying to take the derivative of the following function: (1 + c*e^t)/(1 - c*e^t) with respect to t. ================ \!\(Simplify[D[\(1 + c\ e\^t\)\/\(1 - c\ e\^t\), t]]\) ============ The answer I get includes an "extra" Log[e] in the numerator. Am I not using the program correctly or am I not understanding the answer correctly? Other? thanks, -ted --